Monday 12 February 2007

hi!

Cheers!
Welcome to my Blog. I've never thought of myself as the Blogging type, but I'm really excited to share my London experiences with the wonderful people reading this.

I'm a theatre arts management major who is completely absorbed in the circus world. I teach and perform circus in the U.S. and started ICircus at IC. Right now I am at my internship at The Circus Space, an incredible organization in London that has the UK's only circus arts degree program as well as youth, corporate, professional, and adult programs.


I look out the window of my office and see people flying around on trapezes, throwing juggling balls, and flipping on trampolines. For me it's heaven. I am working for the artist and company development center here - it aims to provide circus professionals with resources for practicing, networking, performance, etc! I am also training a bit (I do aerial work- trapezes and ropes and things like that), teaching with the youth program, and helping out with the corporate workshops. I will probably update this from work mostly because I don't have Internet in my flat.

I am off to Ballet class now- they treat me so well here, I even get to take ballet!

check out the circus space at www.thecircusspace.co.uk

peace,
Amy

No comments: